Babies and small children can be very messy by nature, so it is important to let you know our equipment is cleaned and safety checked before each and every hire. Just so as you know, all of our equipment goes through the same process:
- Firstly, they are vacumed and hard surfaces are wiped down with a gentle disinfectant.
- Straps and pads are checked to ensure they are threaded through correctly.
- Polystytrene inserts are checked for cracks and signs of stress.
- Reclines are checked.
- Where there are light stains, we steam clean the fabrics to gently remove the stains.
- Where there are heavy stains, we remove the covers, treat the stains, wash the covers with non-bio detergents and conditioners and wash the frames with disenfectants. Then the equipment is carefully re-assembled.
- Where the equipment is beyond help, we send it to equipment heaven!
- Everything is logged and signed off on by staff so we can trace who cleaned what, how and when.
It takes a minimum of 20 minutes to do a basic clean and security check, and if we need to roll up our sleaves and get stuck in, it can take an hour to transform equipment from euuuuuughh to brand new!